2011/02/19

Rough paintings, sketching

After staring at that wall for what seems like eternity,
I finally took up a brush and my giant jar of acrylic black paint,
set aside a small glass bottle of wet tissue

and I started ... messing around

i haven't touched a brush in a really long while, for wet paintings.
i'm currently doing oil painting sessions in school, so much so I started off
really really thick... and dry -_-

....and then...

...I tried using my left hand to paint (there were other right hand paintings but...
lemme just say they are too random to post up here) and I felt that, maybe
left hand should be reserved for drawing only, like here:

(I find that I draw better with my left hand, even previous art instructors told me so.)
AND yes, I'm a RIGHT-hander.


Finally,
 1st character design for my project!
Keeping her relatively simple, so that I can work more concepts into it.
I'm working on a short animation film that involves a main character finding
a salvation from her current dismal life.
it's really interesting to do a character with paint and nothing else.
there's so much freedom involved.
I'm starting to appreciate art that's OUTSIDE manga and anime influences.

Let's hope more will come out of this.

Oh! I hope that wasn't too bleak XD

No comments:

Post a Comment